Hello everyone... the Kettering Y class will officially start back up today. Things will be different for a while but I am pleased that we will be able to resume in some capacity and things should get better from this point forward.
Please note the following requirements for getting the class started again:
1. The Y is currently closing at 8:00pm, so that impacts our timing a bit.
2. For the next few months or so, we will have the Leighman room for our class from 6:00pm to 7:45pm.
3. We will not be able to get in the Leighman room before 6:00pm due to other classes being scheduled before ours.
4. For now, our regular class will meet from 6:00pm to 7:10pm.
5. We will have to maintain the 6 foot distance rule.
6. A total of 21 people will be allowed in the room at one time. The Y has spots marked on the floor for students to stand.
7. No spectators / parents are allowed in the room.
8. You will need to wear a mask when entering the Y and have your temperature checked before you are allowed to enter.
9. For students wearing a mask while working out in the class is your choice. For instructors you can only take off the mask if you are at the front of the room leading the class, have your 6 feet of distance, and you can’t adequately address the class with your mask on.
10. If as an instructor needs to get closer than 6 feet to help a student, they will have their mask on.
11. Sharing equipment is not allowed so or the near term we will not be using traditional targets.
This situation is not ideal, but it's a step in the right direction. Please keep in mind that the social distancing is a requirement for us being able to hold the class. Students who cannot observe the rules will not be allowed to participate.
Registration for the class will be more limited due to the class size restriction. I have asked the Y not to register any new students until all continuing students who would like to return to class have been registered, so please register quickly if you are interested.
Please share this with your fellow students.